|Per 100g / 30g Serving||**|
|Energy (kj) 2096kj / 629kj||**|
|Energy (kcal) 508kcal / 152kcal||**|
|Fat 40g / 12g||**|
|of which saturates 4.5g / 1.35g||**|
|of which monounsaturates 8.5g / 2.55g||**|
|of which polyunsaturates 25.3g / 7.59g||**|
|Carbohydrates 3g / 0.9g||**|
|of which sugars 1.8g / 0.54g||**|
|Fibre 23.7g / 7.11g||**|
|Protein 22.1g / 6.63g||**|
|Salt <0.1g / Trace||**|
|Omega 3 (Alpha-linolenic Acid) 19.4g / 5.82g||**|
|Potassium 720mg (36% RI) / 216mg (11% RI)||**|
|Calcium 170mg (21% RI) / 51mg (6% RI)||**|
|Phosphorus 460mg (66% RI) / 138mg (20% RI)||**|
|Magnesium 380mg (101% RI) / 114mg (30% RI)||**|
|Zinc 5.5mg (55% RI) / 1.65mg (17% RI)||**|
|Iron 7.06mg (50% RI) / 2.1mg (15% RI)||**|
One of the most powerful plant foods on the market.
Flaxseeds have been considered a health food for centuries and are still used today to provide healthy plant-based omega-3 (ALA), protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals for people all over the world. Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed is a high-quality, organic ground linseed powder grown in Canada that brings together nutritional goodness and great taste.
Enjoy Linwoods Milled Flaxseed Powder mixed into your morning porridge, sprinkled over your cereal or scattered over some thick Greek yoghurt. A source of calcium, Linwoods Flaxseeds can contribute towards strong teeth and healthy bones. It provides a nutritious punch, all without any added sugar or gluten, to leave you feeling great inside out.
What are the health benefits of flaxseed?
Flaxseed is milled, so you can add it to your food easier and your body can put it to work more efficiently! Here are some flaxseed benefits:
- Flaxseeds are rich in Omega-3: a mere dessertspoon (approx.15g) of Linwoods milled flaxseeds provides 9.5g of omega-3 fatty acids. The type of omega-3 it contains is called Alpha-linolenic Acid, which is one of the two essential fatty acids you need to consume through your diet. If you don’t eat fish or are vegetarian, flaxseed is a great way to get your omega-3s in.
- Flaxseeds are a great source of fibre: flaxseeds provide an impressive amount of dietary fibre, both soluble and insoluble. Soluble fibre can help to lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar. Insoluble fibre helps more water to bind to stools and make them softer and easier to pass.
- Flaxseeds provide high-quality plant protein: if you’re looking to up your protein intake, this organic flaxseed could be just what you need! This plant-based protein is rich in the amino acids aspartic acid, glutamic acid and arginine.
- Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed is a nutritional and tasty Flaxseed grown in Canada
- Ideal to add to porridge, cereal, yoghurt or simply sprinkle onto fruit or salad for extra nutritional crunch
We recommend each person takes 25 to 30g = two heaped dessert spoonfuls daily
100% Organic Flaxseed
May contain traces of nuts, sesame seeds and soya.
Although we make every effort to ensure our product information is up to date on our website, please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product.