2. All members of the Programme must be resident in the UK and aged 16 years or over.
3. You can register for the Programme online or via mail order.
4. The Train to Gain card (“T2G card"), in whatever form, is not transferable, cannot be copied and can only be used by the member who is named and registered for the card. Train to Gain key fobs may be used by anyone who is resident at the same registered address as the member.
5. Members are only entitled to one Train to Gain account each. We reserve the right to refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time.
6. Your T2G card is personal to you. We do not issue additional T2G cards for your account, but your family and friends can of course apply for their own T2G cards.
7. The Programme is only for personal and consumer use. T2G cards and key fobs cannot be used for any business transaction or purpose.
8. T2G cards and key fobs can only be used for purchases made online at www.gnc.co.uk or via mail order.
9. Train to Gain accounts, cards, key fobs, coupons and points cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
10. To receive full membership benefits of the Programme, including reward coupons, members must activate their card online at www.gnc.co.uk.
11. Members must register their personal details and keep us informed of any changes. We cannot be held responsible for any loss of points or coupons incurred as a result of out of date details, and may cancel membership of the Programme if details are clearly no longer current.
12. If a new T2G card is not activated within one year of receipt, the account will be closed.
13. The safe keeping of T2G cards, key fobs and coupons remains the responsibility of the Train to Gain member, as does any security details relating to the account i.e. username and password. We cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from the member failing to ensure the security or safe-keeping of these items.
14. We may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel Train to Gain accounts, cards, key fobs, coupons and points, in whatever form, and / or remove a member from the Programme at any time where there is reasonable belief of:
a) any abuse or attempted abuse of the Programme;
b) any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions and / or those relating to the optional elements of the Programme; or
c) any behaviour relating to the Programme or us that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
15. Members can choose to leave the Programme at any time. By leaving the Programme, members forfeit the right to any points or coupons already accrued or issued.
16. Members who do not collect any points for one year will be removed from the Programme and will need to apply for new membership should they wish to re-join.
17. Members may be able to acquire the points or coupons of a close family member who has died by providing a written request, informing us of the membership details of the deceased.
Train to Gain Points
19. The current conversion value of points is one point equals one penny. We will not exchange Train to Gain points for cash. We may from time to time change the number of points you collect on products and services included in the Programme. We will display notices in stores and at www.gnc.co.uk advising members of changes.
20. Train to Gain points can only be earned for purchases made online at www.gnc.co.uk or via mail order. The base rate will be 5 points for every £1 you spend.
21. To be awarded points, members must spend £1 or above on qualifying products in a single transaction. During point promotions or special offers, the amount of points awarded may change and may vary depending on the products bought, the amount spent and where the transaction takes place.
22. Members must present their T2G card or key fob at the checkout in order to collect points. It may be possible for members who forget to do this at the time of the transaction to have their points added manually at the store, but this cannot be guaranteed if the customer has not activated their card. Upon production of a valid receipt, provided the receipt belongs to the claiming member, relates to their personal expenditure and is produced within 14 days of the original transaction date, it may also be possible to manually add points for a transaction to the member's account. All queries of this nature should be referred to the T2G helpline by calling 0370 606 6605. Points may only be claimed for up to two transactions or receipts per day. Receipts may need to be posted, faxed or emailed and guidance on this will be provided by the T2G Helpline.
23. Members will be required to quote their T2G card number to collect points on purchases made through any catalogue, phone or online transaction.
24. Certain products may be excluded from the Programme at our discretion from time to time, particularly those which are the subject of other promotional activity.
25. Members can earn a maximum of 30,000 points in any one collection period.
26. We may set a limit on the number of times points may be awarded for promotional items on which additional points are available. Individual promotions may have different limits as communicated in their purchase conditions. Any participation in promotional offers above and beyond what could objectively be considered consumer behaviour or personal use may be treated as abuse of the Programme.
27. We are entitled to remove points at any time if products are returned for any reason and a full or partial refund of the purchase price is given. This also applies to the exchange of products, unless the exchange is for products with an equivalent points value.
28. When returning goods purchased from us, unless you are requesting an exact replacement for your return, any Train to Gain points collected on those items will be deducted from your T2G card.
29. Points have no value until converted into coupons at the end of a collection period.
30. We are under no obligation to award Train to Gain points other than for qualifying transactions.
31. Points will be awarded for any shipping / delivery charges incurred for online and direct mail orders.
Train to Gain Coupons
32. Train to Gain coupons ("T2G coupons") will be sent, with a statement to members who have accumulated total points above the qualifying threshold, at the end of each collection period. The current minimum qualifying threshold to receive a coupon is 50 points.
33. We are under no obligation to send a statement by post.
34. The value of T2G coupons given by us will be based on the number of points that a member has collected by the end of the last day of the collection period. Collection periods may vary at our discretion.
35. Points values at the end of the collection period will be converted into reward coupons in 25 pence increments, with a minimum coupon value of 50 pence. Other than for customers who receive their coupons by post, we may at any time reduce the amount of the minimum coupon value. Any points that remain following conversion (because they are either below the qualifying threshold or above the value of the reward coupon) will be 'carried forward' as the starting balance for the next collection period. 'Carried forward' points will expire after one year if the account has not been used within that period.
36. T2G coupons are valid for 3 months from date of issue and are accompanied by an expiry date, beyond which they cannot be used or reissued. Coupons that are lost or mislaid may be reissued with the original expiry date, provided they have not been redeemed previously. Additional terms and conditions may be found on the back of the coupons.
39. We may restrict the use of the rewards coupon to selected products and exclude products which may be included in other promotional activity.
40. Each T2G coupon must be used in full in one transaction and no change will be given. The coupon can be used as part payment towards product.
41. If a product you purchase using a rewards coupon is unsatisfactory, please return it to any UK GNC or MET-Rx brand store. If necessary, we will re-credit your account with the correct number of points. No cash refund will be given in these circumstance(s) of a higher value provided the balance of the payment is covered by another suitable method.
42. Points awarded at the time of a transaction or coupons already issued may be removed or cancelled if we determine that the points were collected in breach of these terms and conditions or were awarded in error. For the avoidance of doubt, no advice given or action taken by our staff that is contrary to these terms and conditions will have the effect of changing these terms and conditions.
41. The Programme is operated by Health & Diet Centres Limited, Samuel Ryder House, Barling Way, Eliot Park, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 7RH.
42. These terms and conditions are correct as of 15th February 2016 and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any disputes will be decided only by the English courts. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions, at any time, for legal, regulatory, business or policy reasons. Members who continue to participate in the Programme following such a change will have accepted the amended terms and conditions.
43. A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any provision in these terms and conditions, but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
44. Due to printing lead times, the terms and conditions available in stores may not reflect recent changes. The most up to date terms and conditions for the Programme can be found at www.gnc.co.uk or can be provided in writing by contacting the T2G helpline on 0370 606 6605.
18th February 2016